Quality Inspector 2 (2nd Shift)
- - Operations
- Los Alamitos, CA, USA
- Full Time
Applied Composites (AC) is seeking a Quality Inspector 2 whom inspects complex components, parts and/or products for the area assigned as prescribed by all applicable specifications and quality assurance instructions. Works under minimal supervision, identifying moderately difficult to complex issues and oversees the satisfactory resolution of customer requirements.
About AC: Come and join the Applied Composites team. We are a leading provider of complex composite components, assemblies, engineering and tooling to the aerospace, defense and space system markets. Our employees are treated with respect and given the support, knowledge, and resources they need to thrive. If you are looking for a company that values and develops its employees while offering engaging work, Applied Composites may be the place for you.
- Conducts a variety of complex examinations and quality control inspections on products, materials, components, parts at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with established quality and reliability standards
- Prepares and completes all necessary documentation for reporting acceptance/rejection of inspected items
- Performs inspections on engineering designs, assemblies, piece parts, final assemblies and tooling
- Treats all information and data within the organization and scope of the position and maintains confidentiality and security at all times
- Cooperates fully in all risk management activities and investigations
- Reports promptly any suspected or potential violations to laws, regulations, procedures, policies and practices, and cooperates in related investigation
- Conducts all transactions in compliance with all company policies, procedures, standards and practices
- Is knowledgeable of, observes and complies with Codes of Safe Practice, safety policies and emergency procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years' Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Solid knowledge and experience in Quality Assurance and ability to act as a resource for colleagues
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify and independently resolve a variety of complex Quality Assurance issues
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Understanding of inspection techniques
- Knowledge of use of portable CMM equipment – Laser Tracker and Romer Arm
- Skilled at measuring and using test equipment as prescribed by job assignment
- Experience working with engineering drawings, charts, diagrams, and sketches
- Proficient computer skills
- Proficient with Verisurf
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
At Applied Composites, we recognize how important your career and benefits are to you and your family. We offer a full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability coverage, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, employee assistance plan, retirement savings and matching, tuition reimbursement and other developmental opportunities. We are committed to supporting the way you live and work.
AC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled - Affirmative Action Employer.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.