- - Operations
- Los Alamitos, CA, USA
- Full Time
Applied Composites (AC) is seeking a Master Scheduler whowill create, integrate, and manage production schedules to ensure that the manufacturing planning and capacity meets current customer demand. This process will entail partnering with Program Management and Operations to integrate multiple program requirements into an integrated schedule. Partnering with Operations the schedule will be resource loaded with appropriate labor and equipment to meet customer demand at the lowest cost. Additionally, the Master Scheduler will advise manufacturing on the necessary prioritization within the schedule supporting changing demand.
About AC: Come and join the Applied Composites team. We are a leading provider of complex composite components, assemblies, engineering and tooling to the aerospace, defense and space system markets. Our employees are treated with respect and given the support, knowledge, and resources they need to thrive. If you are looking for a company that values and develops its employees while offering engaging work, Applied Composites may be the place for you.
- Serve as the company's systems administrator for MS Projects Server 2010
- Responsible for maintaining a fully resourced integrated master schedule for firm customer orders and forecasted demand
- Perform critical path analysis and work with program and operation teams to resolve resource conflicts and constraints
- Work with operations team to level load the schedule for critical resources
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a capacity plan for key resources that can be shared with internal and external customers
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs), Estimates at Completion (EACs), as well as the implementation of Earned Value methodologies
- Ensure all schedules and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across all projects and resources
- Work with Project Leads to track plans and schedules, perform risk analysis, identify and resolve critical path and network logic conflicts
- Utilize Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project established management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances
- Produce weekly dispatch reports for the operations team and incorporate feedback/changes into the master schedule
- Assist management and project teams in creating documentation for internal and external program reviews
- Provide regular oral and written communication on status and issues to program and operations teams
- Promote the company culture with emphasis on mutual respect, accountability, quality, efficiency and safety
Education: Post-secondary degree in Business Administration or Management or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience in the aerospace and defense manufacturing or other AS9100/NADCAP industry (satellite assembly or bonding experience a plus)
Years' Experience: 5+ years of experience in the aerospace and defense manufacturing or other AS9100/NADCAP industry (satellite assembly or bonding experience a plus)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with MS Project Server 2010 or other relevant scheduling software
- PMP certification a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to drive cross functional teams and to work across multiple company disciplines in order to execute the schedule
- Advanced MS Office suite skills
- Some knowledge or awareness of lean manufacturing and 5S principles
At Applied Composites, we recognize how important your career and benefits are to you and your family. We offer a full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability coverage, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, employee assistance plan, retirement savings and matching, tuition reimbursement and other developmental opportunities. We are committed to supporting the way you live and work.
AC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled - Affirmative Action Employer.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts