Engineer 3, Quality
- - Engineering
- Los Alamitos, CA, USA
- Full Time
Applied Composites (AC) is seeking an Engineer 3, Quality who provides expert knowledge while defining and implementing quality assurance solutions to a wide range of complex issues. They will ensure a high reliability and proper performance per product requirements. Analyzes reports and defective products to determine trends and recommends corrective actions.
About AC: Come and join the Applied Composites team. We are a leading provider of complex composite components, assemblies, engineering and tooling to the aerospace, defense, and space system markets. Our employees are treated with respect and given the support, knowledge, and resources they need to thrive. If you are looking for a company that values and develops its employees while offering engaging work, Applied Composites may be the place for you.
- Review build manuals determining that the designated processes and materials comply with customer and regulatory standards, reviewing and approving engineering documentation meet these standards
- Investigate material and production problems effecting quality or efficiency utilizing root cause analysis presenting results and solutions
- Build Manual revisions and the control of these revisions, storage and access so that only current build manuals are used for the purpose of building customer product
- Assuring all quoting processes have both the quote, supporting data and any adjoining proposal meet all applicable customer, regulatory & standards
- Create AS9100 first article documentation for consequential completion by production and quality as a quality record
- Lead root cause analysis of production and material processes problems.
- Developing, participating in and recording results of tests and experiments for the development of solutions and improvements
- Participation on the AC NB MRB, "Material Review Board". Reviewing and signing off that all dispositions follows customer, regulatory and or quality standards
- Work to be done in compliance with Government, Customer and Regulatory Bodies
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Education: Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Years' Experience: 5 (plus) years of relevant experience
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues
- Ability to work independently and interface with cross-functional disciplines; using excellent interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion
- Self-motivated with problem solving and decision-making skills
- Execute in accordance with company values
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and others as necessary
- Experience facilitating compliance with occupational health and safety (OSH) guidelines
- Understanding of Process Improvement/Continuous Improvement techniques and application to make organizational changes.
At Applied Composites, we recognize how important your career and benefits are to you and your family. We offer a full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability coverage, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, employee assistance plan, retirement savings and matching, tuition reimbursement and other developmental opportunities. We are committed to supporting the way you live and work.
AC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled - Affirmative Action Employer.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts