Quality Inspector 1 (Testing) (1st Shift)
- - Operations
- Los Alamitos, CA, USA
- Full Time
Applied Composites (AC) is seeking a Quality Inspector 1 (Testing) who will be responsible for focusing primarily on preparation and bond work of test coupons. This position is responsible for preparation and testing of composite test specimens to support the manufacture of aerospace and space-based composite structures.
About AC: Come and join the Applied Composites team. We are a leading provider of complex composite components, assemblies, engineering and tooling to the aerospace, defense and space system markets. Our employees are treated with respect and given the support, knowledge, and resources they need to thrive. If you are looking for a company that values and develops its employees while offering engaging work, Applied Composites may be the place for you.
- Performs routine visual inspection of soldered connections, mechanical inspections of electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies and subassemblies
- Perform acid digestion fiber volume determination including precision weighing and measuring
- Machining composite test coupons
- Use fixtures to accurately prep and bond test coupons
- Use of band saws and surface grinders
- Perform dimensional measurements
- Keep accurate records of test results
- Operate the tension and compression test machine
- Operate test machines as needed
- Support static load testing
- Monitor thermal cycling
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years' Experience: 0 - 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to learn and follow specific step by step instructions
- Ability to make accurate measurements using calipers, micrometer, analytical balance
- Ability to use test fixtures
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
At Applied Composites, we recognize how important your career and benefits are to you and your family. We offer a full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability coverage, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, employee assistance plan, retirement savings and matching, tuition reimbursement and other developmental opportunities. We are committed to supporting the way you live and work.
AC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled - Affirmative Action Employer.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts