Engineering Test Technician 1
- - Engineering
- Los Alamitos, CA, USA
- Full Time
Applied Composites (AC) is seeking an Engineering Test Technician 1, who performs technical support to assist the Engineering team.
About AC: Come and join the Applied Composites team. We are a leading provider of complex composite components, assemblies, engineering and tooling to the aerospace, defense, and space system markets. Our employees are treated with respect and given the support, knowledge, and resources they need to thrive. If you are looking for a company that values and develops its employees while offering engaging work, Applied Composites may be the place for you.
- Provides support to the Engineering function in order to help project team(s) achieve objectives
- Provides data and information to Engineering teams
- Creates and utilizes spreadsheets and databases; performs screening and analysis of data
- Troubleshoots manufacturing process problems based on experience and input from others
- Setup, operation, and troubleshooting of precision engineering & manufacturing equipment
- Assists with tasks to accomplish engineering business improvement objectives
- Maintains and analyzes key performance indicators, and provides input for improvement
- Communicates effectively through phone and e-mail correspondence, while maintaining a professional manner
- Provide oversight of manufacturing tasks, and reporting status, issues or data to Engineering
- Performing verifications and measurements to ensure technical compliance
- Effective interpersonal communication; ability to interact with various departments
- Keeps strict confidentiality of departmental data according to company policies and procedures
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required. May need to work additional hours as necessary
- Upholds high standards of workplace safety
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years' Experience: 2 years or more of relevant experience
- Understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and react to changing situations; ability to work on multiple tasks with conflicting priorities
- Ability to recognize and solve technical problems
- Ability to liaison between various groups and departments
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
- Good knowledge and proficiency in all MS Word, Access, Excel, Outlook applications
- Experience working in a composites manufacturing environment is highly preferred
At Applied Composites, we recognize how important your career and benefits are to you and your family. We offer a full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability coverage, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, basic and supplemental life insurance, employee assistance plan, retirement savings and matching, tuition reimbursement and other developmental opportunities. We are committed to supporting the way you live and work.
AC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled - Affirmative Action Employer.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts